Director of Tennis
David is an award winning Professional Tennis Coach, well respected in the Australian Tennis Community.
He is a Tennis Australia Talent Development Coach and an accredited ATPCA Level 2 Advanced Pro Coach.
Born and bred in Albany, David grew up on the tennis court with his family very active at local clubs. He worked hard as a junior at both Tennis and Soccer and represented WA in soccer at under 17s and 19s level.
Moving back to Albany in 2001, he has had a successful career in both coaching and playing, including coaching 13 WA Representatives. He has also won several Tennis Coaching Awards with Tennis WA, Tennis Australia, the Australian Sport Commission as well as being recognised as a business leader winning the ACCI Young Business Person Award.
He has been selected as the WA Team Manager for various trips, and now runs several Local, State, Interstate and Overseas Tennis Tours throughout the year.
David enjoys his Soccer, both playing (Rovers Vets, GSSA) and coaching (Albany Junior Soccer Association Representative Teams at Football West Country Week 2015, 2016 and 2017) as well as being a massive fan of the Fremantle Dockers, Perth Football Club and Millwall Lions FC.
- ATPCA Accredited Level 2 Advanced Pro Coach
- Tennis Australia Talent Development Coach 2014 – 2018
- Coach of Abbi Gibson – 2016 Bruce Cup Australian Singles Champion
- Coach of 13 WA Representatives
- Foundation Cup Winning Coach
- Tennis Australia Development Coach
- TCAWA Accredited Coach
- 2013 WA Hot Shots Coach of the Year
- 2012 WA Club Coach of the Year
- 2001 TCAWA Rookie Coach of the Year
- Multiple times club champion and champion of champions winner
- National Talent Development Camp Coach 2014
- WA Team Manager 2008-09
- Coach of 2015 Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl, USA player
- 2003 TCAWA Jnr Coach of the Year
- 2013 National 5★ Coach of the Year
- 2013 ACCI Young Business Person of the Year
- D’Arcy Slater Cup Winning Coach
- High Performance Program Coach
- LGSTA Regional Coach
- LGSTA Junior Co-ordinator
- Junior Coach of 2 current USA College Scholarship Athletes
ATA welcomes Michael back to his home town to take up a coaching role with ATA.
Michael as a junior was one of ATA’s top high performance players, achieving exceptional results at Australian Ranking Events around Australia. Michael was a WA junior representative and won and was finalist in many Australian ranking events.
Michael has been coaching in Perth part time as well as playing pennants and hitting regularly with WA’s top players, while studying Medicine at UWA and joins our team for the rest of the summer.
Michael is available for Private Lessons, Group Lessons, Technical and Tactical Sessions, Adult Coaching, Hitting Partner etc. Contact email@example.com or 0414 608 523 for bookings and available times.
Advanced Level 2 Coach
ATA welcomes James to Albany as a vital part of our coaching team.
James has had experience coaching in Perth, the USA and parts of Europe and bring a high standard of professionalism to our team.
James has very impressive ties with Wilson Tennis and has coached at several clubs in Perth including Kings Park and Kalamunda Tennis Clubs. He has also been a manager at Rebel Sports.
James is a former State Grade player (with Kings Park in Perth) and has also played in European money tournaments in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.
James is available for Private Lessons, Group Lessons, Adult Coaching, Fitness sessions, Hitting Partner and more.
Contact James on 0402 345 108
Ainsley has been with ATA as a tennis coach, permanent part time for 6 years, running our School afternoon coaching and doing private lessons.
She specialises in tennis for 4-10 year olds and has been an active Hot Shots coach since its inception. Ainsley has toured NSW and VIC for her tennis, and was a vital part of the WA-ATA ITF Cup Winning team in Albury, NSW.
Ainsley is available for Active After School, and group lessons, 5 days a week!
- ITF Teams Cup Winner
- Hot Shots Specialist
- Specialising in 4 – 12 yr Programs